Wednesday, February 2, 2011

More Postcards

I am so excited about postcrossing!

In the last couple of days three postcards that I had sent out a week and a half ago have reached their destinations, including the one that I was worried about. The lady I sent the postcard too wanted it in an envelope because she collects stamps. I didn't have a problem with doing it but I sent it in an oversized envelope and I had already had one kicked back to me from the post office for incorrect postage. I didn't put my return address on the envelope so I was going to email her at the end of the month if my postcard hadn't been registered.

To date I have sent postcards to the following countries:

1 card to Spain
1 card to Germany
1 card to Italy
I card to Finland
3 cards to USA

I wonder who will send me postcards in return as it isn't the people I have sent postcards too. I believe there are only 6 or 7 countries in total that don't have any postcrossing members.

I am going to speak to my dad about teaching his students about postcrossing as it uses the media (internet) and you get to learn about the world around you and what better way to do that (if you can't travel to the place itself) than to see it through postcards?

The rest of my correspondence has been lacking the last week and I have run out of stamps. I have to wait until next week before I can send anything off again. I love going to the post office though and finding unusual stamps that I can place on the postcards. I think that getting unusual stamps is almost as fun as getting a postcard.

I received a postcard from a friend in Russia with a stamp from the Vancouver Olympics! I couldn't believe it! Isn't it great that even though the Olympics were here that I got a Russian stamp of the Olympics?

My first trip to Prague I became intrigued with antique postcards. Through my many travels to antique shops I ended up finding some from Nova Scotia! I couldn't believe it and I had to pick them up! I went halfway around the world only to come back with some postcards from Nova Scotia! Of course I picked up many different postcards of Prague and the surrounding countryside! How could one resist?

While over there my cousins, aunt and uncle laughed at me over my postcard obsession. They didn't even have to ask me what I had purchased in my outing, they just wanted to know what postcards I came home with! lol. The same cousin even had a Mucha (my favourite art nouveau artist) postcard framed for me!

I will post some pictures up later tonight or tomorrow of Alphonse Mucha.

Work is calling my name so I have to end here.

Happy blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment