Thursday, March 10, 2011

Hello from Minsk

I am not sure why I am having such trouble writing Minsk today...I keep forgetting the 's'. Perhaps I am after a mink coat? I'm only kidding!! I don't think I could ever have a real fur coat! I am no member of PETA by any means but I know I could never have a real fur coat

I received this postcard today from K. in Belarus. I dont think I have ever had one sent from Belarus before. This one is almost like a postcard on top of a postcard. I know it is hard to tell by the scan but it looks almost like a homemade postcard...an amazing homemade postcard!!!

Minsk is the capital of Belarus and also the largest city. The earliest reference dates back to the 11th century when Minsk was a provincial town inside the principality of Polotsk.

This card reminds me of the antique postcards that I have collected in my travels to the Czech Republic.

I also took a scan of the stamps from the postcard. I love them!!


Thank you K. for the wonderful postcard!


No comments:

Post a Comment