Saturday, March 5, 2011

My First Postcard from Taiwan!

I recieved this card from E. who lives in Taiwan.
This postcard  is a paining by Paul Gauguin. E. said that she likes Monet a lot more than Gauguin, I have to say that I agree with her but I do like this painting.

This painting is called Three Tahitians and was painted in 1899.

He was born in 1848 and died in 1903. His family moved from Paris, France to Lima, Peru. His father died during the voyage and leaving him, his mother and sister were left to fend for themselves. They lived with his uncle in Lima.

The family moved back to France when he was 7 and he excelled in his studies. He didn't persue painting full time until 1885. He became a leading Impressionist artist.

Information received from Wikipedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment